• Name: Victor Manuel Zapien
• Nickname: I’ve had so many nicknames now that it doesn’t really matter what you call me anymore.
• Age: 21
• Sponsors? Familiarbrand
• Where are you from? I’m originally from southgate, but honestly I don’t remember that city because I was to small. / where do you live currently? Currently I live in the city of commerce but moving soon.
• How long have you been riding? I have been riding for five years now and don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. This sport is just to much fun.
• How did you get into bmx? (Is there any person or particular reason you got into bmx)? Well first i actually started skating for a couple of years before riding but then had a ankle injury that did not let me skate anymore. So, after a while of healing one of my friends lend me his bike for a couple of days and I fell I love with the sport and it just stuck with me.
• What is your all time favorite company in bmx after all these years? My favorite companies would have to be Sunday and Odyssey. Their parts are really good and also have life time warranty, which is a plus. The funny thing is that I don’t even think I have there parts on my bike now.
• What are (3) of your favorite bmx websites that you visit most frequently? Honestly I’ve haven’t looked at a Bmx website in maybe months, I’ve been busy just riding around. If anything I’ll wait till its on YouTube or wait till one of my friends has it on his phone. (Officaldandan)
• What are (3) NON – bmx website’s that you visit most frequently? Let’s see number one would probably be worldstarhiphop just because they’re a little more loose on showing violence. The second one would be auto zone because there’s always something wrong with my car that I have to fix because you always need a ride to the sesh especially if it’s somewhere far. The last website would have to be live leaks because they post crazy shit that we don’t get to see normally.
• Musically; what are you currently listening to? When I’m out riding and need something to hear I’ll just put Pandora on and put it to shuffle and if I don’t like it I’ll just skip it. If it has to get down to a specific artist, I wouldn’t know because I’m really bad at remembering names.
• How has BMX changed since you were a young lad cruising these streets? Since I started riding Bmx, it has evolved to something else. I thought it was crazy before but now it has gotten insane with all the combos coming out.
• just a wild guess; Where do you see BMX going in the future? If it was really a wild guessing I think people in the future are gonna make Bmx a lot more creative.
• What direction would you like to see it go? I just want Bmx to keep moving forward and enjoy it as much as I do. Having fun with friends and being creative with the sport would help to.
> Its been fun but this is the end..
> • Final words? If you fall off your bike don’t give up because you get hurt, you better try that shit again and learn from your mistake.
> • special thanks? I just gotta give all my love to my Nina, she is the one that always believed I can do anything I set my mind too. She’s the one that bought my first bike. I also gotta give a thanks to familiarbrand and everyone in it. Especially Anthony “boy” Flores for letting me be part of this and the familiar family.
> And last but not least;
> Anything you’d like to say to the people taking the time to give this a read? Thanks for reading my bio, and remember to challenge yourself everyday. That’s what I try to do, I just try to become a better me than yesterday. Later .