• Name: Christian Martinez
• Nickname: Emo chris (not by choice)
• Age: 33
• Sponsors? Familiar brand
• Where are you from? / where do you live currently? East LA born and raised. Currently living in Montebello not far from east LA
• How long have you been riding? 15 to 16 years and I don’t plan on stopping
• How did you get into bmx? (Is there any person or particular reason you got into bmx)? One random day I was at my grandmas, in the 8st projects, I was about 7 yers old. One of the gangsters local gagster just randomly sed “Watch this” and jumped off a ledge. I was so shocked I didn’t even know u could do that kind one f stuff with a bike, shorty after I got my bike and tried doin random stunts. I really didn’t take it to serious and kinda got over it. As I got older I started to skate but it really wasn’t fo me, one random day A couple my friends and I found some dirt jumps and decided to pull up there with our bikes and it just started to go from ther. Once I found out you could grind rails and ledges I went from liking to loving bmx. And just been going from there.
• What is your all time favorite company in bmx after all these years? It has to be animal. I just love what it represents, just going out ther and riding ur way as long as ur having fun.
• What are (3) of your favorite bmx websites that you visit most frequently? Ride bmx, Digbmx and the come up
• What are (3) NON – bmx website’s that you visit most frequently? Home Depot, YouTube and pot hub
• Musically; what are you currently listening to? I like a lot of classic rock such as the doors, David Bowie some hip hop I’m not that “familiar ” with hip hop stuff but if I like it I just listen to it, LOL
• How has BMX changed since you were a young lad cruising these streets? I think, people take a little to Sirius. Just go out ther and do you.
• just a wild guess; Where do you see BMX going in the future? I think bmx is getting more exposure, so I think it’s gana get more mainstream. Which is good that way it keeps the sport alive.
What direction would you like to see it go? I would like to c it just keeps getting more attention.
Its been fun but this is the end..
• Final words? Just do it for the love of it.
• special thanks? Thanks to all my Friends for helping me out a long the way, wether if it’s a small bike part or some words of advice for having my back no matter what stupid thing I do. And my family for supporting me no matter what. Love u all
And last but not least; Thanks to boy, always been the homie and always try’s to give me some exposure in bmx wether it’s in jiboholic (rip) or familiar.
• Anything you’d like to say to the people taking the time to give this a read? Thanks for taking the time to read this. Keep on trucking!!